Magazine Pizza New Orleans, LA


Every Christmas the hubs and I take a cruise out of the Port of New Orleans and then spend Christmas in New Orleans when we get back. Both of us being history teachers, we make a pilgrimage to the World War II Museum where we are members. This year we finally had an opportunity to see the US Freedom Pavilion located just a short walk down Magazine Street behind the museum. 



Directly across the street from the US Freedom Pavilion is a little pizza joint called Magazine Pizza. Seeing as how we hadn't eaten in several hours, we decided to give it a go. 


The menu offered a lot of selection and I quickly settled on a Spinach and Artichoke Pizza. When it arrived I was disappointed to discover it had mushrooms on it. Ugh. I am allergic to mushrooms. I was disappointed to find they always include mushroom on their spinach and artichoke pizza, which wasn't listed on the menu board. Luckily the awesome cook remade my pizza. So, if you are allergic to mushrooms or don't like them, be sure to say you don't want them. 


I was not disappointed by the second one for sure!


The pizza crust was delicious, and the flavors of the sauce, cheese, and artichoke combined with the spinach was Ah-Maze-ing! 


The hubs chose to order a Gyro Sandwich which he devoured. He stated it was tasty and just the right mix of Gyro and peppers. 

He had a Coke and I had a Beer, so if you like beer with your pizza you are in good shape.

A great meal with great service. We will be back next year!



You can check out their menu here: http://www.magazinepizza.com/


*I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. I was a genuine off-the-street customer.

Comments