Escape to Butchart Gardens

I take a ton of pictures when I travel. Once I get home I sift through them, cull the ones I don't like, and organize the ones I do. I love to blog about all the fantastic places I get to travel. Sometimes when I travel I visit places where words escape me. Butchart Gardens is one of these places. 



Located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, the gardens line what was once a limestone quarry. Jennie Butchart allowed her mind to run wild and decided to transform the quarry into a lush landscape of gardens. Now 100 years later, we can all see Jennie's vision in person. 



As you wander through, slow down and enjoy the walk. In the summer, the busy season, there are many, many people. Don't allow them to rush you. Take your time and really look at all the colors, shapes, sizes, etc. of all the different varieties of plants.  Just wait until you see all the variety of roses! 

So, without anymore words, let my pictures tell you the rest. 










Butchart Gardens is open 365 days a year. Hours vary based on season, so you may wish to check their website to help plan your visit. Rates also vary on the season. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a refillable water bottle. Allow yourself 2 to 3 hours minimum as there is much more to see than I could ever post here. There is a restaurant and a gift shop as well for when you feel peckish or if you want to bring a treasure home. 

Butchart Gardens
800 Benvenuto Avenue
Brentwood, BC 
V8M 1J8 
Phone: (250) 652-4422
Toll Free: (866) 652-4422


*I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience from my fabulous Alaska Cruise of 2018.*

Comments